Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Indian Chicken Sandwich

I got this recipe from the back of the Archer Farms naan package, so if you shop at Target, you have easy access to this too. I found them in the bakery section, not the bread aisle.


Serves about 4

2 pieces naan. These are whole wheat.
1/4 cup Indian spiced sauce, like Tikki Masala (note: Don't sweat it if you don't have this. We only had the spice Garam Masala and I added it to some yogurt because we don't do mayo. Plain yogurt is best, but I used vanilla.)
1/4 cup mayonnaise (like I said, didn't use)
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oven to 400 F
Cut each piece of naan in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheet flat side down. (I put aluminum foil down first and spray with Pam)


2. Combine Indian sauce and mayo if you're using it. If not, combine about 1 Tbsp Indian spice with 1/4 cup yogurt. Spread evenly over naan. You can also brush each piece with olive oil like I did.

3. Layer the remaining ingredients over 1/2 of the naan. Place other half on top.


4. Heat about 8 minutes until sandwich is heated through, pressing down part way through heating. Cut into smaller pieces.



You could eat it wish a cucumber and tomato salad or with Indian lentils.

No comments: