Thursday, June 16, 2011

Monday: Flautas

Flautas is another one of my favorite meals, although it is not all that good for you....oh, well. To start off, here is the recipe:

3 T butter
1/4 c flour
1 t salt
1 c chicken broth
1 t grated onion
1 T parsley
1 T lemon juice
Dash paprika, nutmeg, pepper
3 chicken breasts

I start by boiling my chicken and dice or shred it when finished. In a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the flour and salt. Add chicken broth (I just use the water I boiled the chicken in) and stir until thickened. Add the rest of the ingredients, and then stir in the chicken. At this point, it should look like this: (sorry about the blurry foreground, I was using my close-up lens)



Spoon mixture into flour tortillas, roll and secure with a toothpick. Fry in oil until golden brown (that would be the unhealthy part). I heat my oil on the stove at about medium heat. Place on a plate covered with paper towels to help drain the oil.


I like to eat my flautas with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. I'm not very good at eating vegetables, hence the lack of them in all of my pictures, but I think we may have topped off the meal with strawberries from our garden...yum!


No comments: