Friday, June 3, 2011

Veggie Noodle Mix

I'm not too great at measuring while cooking, unless it's a totally new recipe or I think it needs to be exact, so I don't know exactly how much I used, but I guessed here. You can do a lot of different things with it, adding different veggies depending on what you have.

This is what I did last night:
Approx. 1 cup sliced carrots
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped or sliced (The first time with this, I liked it. Usually I do 2 ribs sliced celery)
1 can Cream of Chicken or Cream of Celery soup
1/2 can water
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 package egg noodles (or about 2 cups cooked rice)
(I didn't have this last night, but you can also add 1 cup chopped cooked chicken)

Heat sauce pan
Add the veggies and cook 2 minutes
Add the soup
Add 1/2 can water
Stir to combine.
Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is slightly thickened


Cook noodles (or rice)
Add to veggie/soup mixture and stir to combine


Serve immediately. Bowls tend to work best.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Oooh, I'm gonna try this.