Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grilled Sweet Salmon


Grilled Sweet Salmon- Allrecipes.com
I really liked this, but when I do it again, I'll follow the recipe, but add more of the spices right before I grill. I also halved the following recipe.
Ingredients     
         1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
         lemon pepper to taste
         garlic powder to taste
         salt to taste
         1/3 cup soy sauce
         1/3 cup brown sugar
         1/3 cup water
         1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions
Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. 
Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. 
Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. 
(I also put tin foil on my grill and keep the skin on the one side of the salmon and then when when I take it off the tin foil the skin stays on the tin foil.) Then I place on an oiled grill grate for the other side.


Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. I served with wild rice and carrots.

Sorry I realized I didn't get a picture of the final dish...We were in a hurry to eat.  But it was pretty yummy for a new recipe!



No comments: