Monday, May 30, 2011

Spinach and Berry Salad

Happy Memorial Day!
I'm going to try to post every night after dinner, but if I don't, then just know that by the end of the week, there will be 5.

And, since I'm not used to taking pictures of my food, I forgot. So, these are from elsewhere on the internet. This recipe has many variations, so feel free to do whatever you feel like.



In a large bowl add:
Approx. 6 cups fresh spinach (or however much you think you need.)

1 quart berries (strawberries or raspberries) sliced or halved

1-2 cooked chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks. ( I used one of the roasted chickens from the grocery store and just did 1 of the breasts and it was a lot.)

Dressing:
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup white vinegar
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce (I didn't have any, so I didn't add it)
1/2 Tbsp minced onion (that seemed like too much work too)

Combine all ingredients well. The recipe says to refrigerate it for an hour. I didn't read that well and added it to my salad immediately. It was just fine.

Toss and enjoy. You can also add slivered almonds, or chopped nuts, feta or gorgonzola cheese, or anything else you think would be yummy.

Serves approximately 4

No comments: