Monday, September 28, 2009
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
I love this recipe. It is my husband's favorite and whenever we make it for anyone, they always ask for the recipe. Its much better than restaurant chinese food.
1. Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces (one big chicken breast will easily feed two people) and coat pieces in egg and then cornstarch mixed with a little garlic salt.
2. Pan fry in a small amount of vegetable oil until barely brown. Put pieces in casserole dish.
3. Mix the following sauce and put in the casserole dish with chicken. This amount of sauce will work for one chicken breast. You will likely have to double it for two.
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c chicken broth (I generally put 1/4 c water and a bullion cube undissolved and it will dissolve as it cooks)
1/2 c vinegar
4 Tbs Ketchup
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
4. Cover with sliced almonds.
5. Cover casserole dish with lid or aluminum foil. Cook in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Serve over rice.