Monday, June 30, 2008

Hash Brown Egg Breakfast Casserole

I found several recipes for Breakfast Casserole and combined them to make this one. This is the best breakfast casserole I’ve ever had! I made it again this weekend for my baby’s blessing and everyone loved it. Hooray for success at feeding 40 people! (I’ve also made it with sausage – try some variety!)

Hash Brown Egg Breakfast Casserole
By Keri Stewart

1 2-lb. bag frozen shredded hash browns
3 T. melted butter
8 eggs, beaten
1 lb. ham or bacon, cooked & crumbled
1½ c. milk
2 c. Swiss cheese
2 c. Cheddar cheese
¾ tsp. dry mustard
¾ tsp. salt (to taste)
¼ tsp. pepper (to taste)
1 bunch green onions, diced
red & green pepper, diced

Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Put hash browns in dish and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. (I like my hash browns a little crispier, so after I bake them, I fry them for 5-10 minutes longer.) Mix remaining ingredients and pour over hash browns. Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes (until it starts to brown on top). *This can be made the night before and refrigerated to make things easier.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oooh thanks Keri! I have had a bunch of these different casseroles but never found a recipe I really liked. I will have to try this one out for sure! *though not for 40 people :)