Tuesday, December 23, 2008

White Chili

I apologize if anyone has posted something like this - I made it for dinner last night and it was a huge success! While I was typing up my version of the recipe to print for keeping, I thought I would share it here, too.

White Chili


1 medium onion, chopped

1 jalapeno pepper (optional)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

4 cups chicken broth

2 (15.5 ounce) cans great northern beans

2 tablespoons dried parsley

1 tablespoon lime juice

1 teaspoon ground cumin

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

2 cups cubed, cooked chicken



In a medium to large saucepan, boil the chicken in the broth until cooked through. In a large saucepan, cook onion, jalapeno if desired and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in beans (with liquid), parsley, lime juice and cumin, and broth from chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chop chicken into small pieces. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chili. Add chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.


No comments: