Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Treats - easy

Sarah, thanks for the invitation to contribute. I thought I would share 2 easy, peasy, lemon squeezy ideas for Christmas Treats - Allison (Sarah's cousin from NJ)

Rolo Turtles -
Rolos
Pretzels (I like to use the square ones for this)
Pecans

Spread pretzels in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment (or not, but the parchment makes it easier). Place 1 rolo on each pretzel. Put in a low heat 200 -250 degree oven until the rolo starts to look a little melty (about 5-7 minutes) Remove from oven, immediately squish a pecan onto the top of the rolos. I like to make sure that I get the ridges of the rolo completely smushed so it looks like melted chocolate over caramel - and not a rolo.

Minty chocolate cookies
Make your favorite chocolate cookie. As soon as they come out of the oven, place an Andes mint on each cookie, wait 3-5 minutes. Spread the melted mint around on top of the cookie, cool. Someone from church brought these to a baby shower a couple of weeks ago and they are so yummy. I don't have a great chocolate cookie recipe, otherwise I would share. We also tried the Peppermint flavored Andes mints and they didn't work as well - the white/red chocolate didn't melt very well.

No comments: