Friday, February 6, 2009

Two Cake Awesomeness

So I don't know what it's really called. But I love this cake.

You'll need:
White cake mix (and all the stuff required to make it -- eggs, oil, water, whatever)
8 oz Cool Whip
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
2 packages strawberry Danish Dessert (sold in the same aisle as the Jell-O products)

Prepare the cake batter as directed, and split the batter into two 9x13 pans. Bake for about half the time directed on the box. (I always check it a few minutes early because often I don't split it as evenly as I'd thought and one is done a lot sooner than the other.)

Let the cake cool. You can throw it in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or just leave out for a while. Depends on if you're in a hurry.

Mix the Cool Whip, cream cheese (softened, of course) and powdered sugar. Spread evenly over each cooled cake.

Stir both packages of Danish Dessert in 3 1/2 cups of water. Microwave on high for about 12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Pour on top of the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate immediately.

(You can add a layer of bananas or strawberries or something between the cream cheese and the Danish Dessert, but I like it just plain.)

It won't take long to set up, but I like to make the cake the night before just so I'm not rushed. The cake will stay fresh in your fridge for more than a week, but I promise you'll eat it all long before then. This is PERFECT for a church function or something where you have to feed lots of people because it makes two cakes.

I DARE you to not love this cake.

No comments: