Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sweet Pork & Rice

,If you've ever been to Cafe Rio you'll love this. It's Soooooo easy!
6-8 servings

Sweet Pork:
1-2 lb. Pork tenderloin (you could use chicken or beef as well.)
1 C. Brown sugar
2 C. Salsa

Mix sugar & Salsa, pour over pork. Cook in crock pot for 8 hrs. on low. Remove pork, shred, and return to salsa. Serve with tortillas.
I don't have a crock pot, and I'm cheap when it comes to meat. I cooked pork chops, by boiling them in water until done. Then I shredded them. I mixed the salsa & sugar together, then I boiled it. I added the shredded pork and then let it simmer, covered for about 1 hr. It still turned out great.

Green Chile Rice:
1 C. Rice
2 C. Chicken broth
4 oz. diced green chiles
1/2 C. diced onion
1 t. Oregano
1/2 t. Salt
1-2 t. Cumin
Mix together and cook as usual.

I made these into burritos, layering rice, black beans and pork. Then I melted cheese ontop. They were so good.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, I am soooo trying this! I LOVE Cafe Rio, but it doesn't exist in New York. Yum!