Sunday, August 17, 2008

Potato Corn Chowder

This is the only recipe I've ever had that's actually worth the extra effort. I know this time of year no one is interested in soup, but come fall you'll thank me.

You'll need:

Diced potatoes
Onion salt
1 can creamy corn
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Boil the diced potatoes with as much or little onion salt as you like. When they're soft enough, drain the water. Add the butter, milk and creamy corn. (You can add bacon, too, if desired.) Heat on medium until bubbling. Stir to keep from scalding. When bubbling, stir in the cheese. As soon as all the cheese is melted and mixed in, it's ready to eat.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's been abnormally cool out here in New York - only in the 70's, which is unheard of in August. Some of the nights have been quite cold - so soup actually sounds good. I'm thanking you now, 'cause I'm sure I'll forget once fall comes. This looks tasty!